HOW WE VIEW GOD, JESUS, THE BIBLE, MAN, AND MANY SIGNIFICANT ASPECTS OF OUR FAITH. FIRMLY ROOTED IN SCRIPTURE, THE BELIEFS OF CHURCH ON THE ROCK HOMER GUIDE OUR DECISIONS AS A CHURCH.
- God is bigger, better, and closer than we can imagine
- The Bible is God’s perfect guidebook for living
- Jesus is God showing Himself to us
- Through His Holy Spirit, God lives in and through us now
- Nothing in creation “just happened.” God made it all
- Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God
- Faith is the only way to grow in our relationship with God
- Evil exists because of sin; God can bring good even out of evil events, and God promises victory over evil to those who choose Him
- Heaven and Hell are real places. Death is a beginning, not the end
- The church is to serve people like Jesus served people
- Jesus is coming again!
Members of the body participating in meaningful relationships characterized by an over-abundance of the fruit of the Spirit: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23
As wise, master builders; strengthening and expanding the church ministry through careful, disciplined, strategic efforts; always building on the solid foundation of Christ. I Corinthians 3:10 – 11
Each follower of Jesus participating in expanding God’s Kingdom by inviting others to join in the pursuit of Christ-likeness. I Corinthians 11:1
Complete dependence on the supernatural empowerment of the Holy Spirit to accomplish God’s purposes in our world. I Corinthians 12:7-13
Seeking the power and presence of God in every environment through constant dialogue with God’s Spirit. I Thessalonians 5:17-18
Following the example of Christ by proactively and joyfully taking on the role of the servant in every situation and in every relationship. Phil 2:1-11
Have a question about what we believe at The Rock? Get in touch with a person on our lead team directly by clicking the button below.